Insurance Adjuster Tactics
Common Insurance Adjuster Tactics
Trusted Atlanta Workers' Compensation Lawyer
The adjuster working on behalf of your employer's workers' compensation insurance provider will work to award you the least amount of compensation possible for your injuries you suffered on the job. They will work to minimize losses and close your claim as fast as possible. You need an advocate representing your rights when you are injured at work, which is why you should speak with an Atlanta workers' compensation lawyer as soon as you are hurt.
Working to Protect Clients at All Times
These are some of the most common strategies used by insurance adjusters for you to be aware of. Speak with The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall for further help with protecting your rights under workers' compensation.
- Because adjusters want to resolve cases quickly, they will often offer a settlement right away—you should not accept this offer without first consulting with an attorney.
- Adjusters will sometimes contest a referral your doctor makes to see another doctor or specialist which can delay your treatment.
- Similarly, adjusters can contact your doctor to make sure a referral is made to a specific doctor or physician.
- Adjusters can withhold benefits from injured workers in hopes that they will settle for less out of desperation.
- Your employer and insurance company may offer you reduced job duties to minimize their exposure for ongoing income benefits which may only be available temporarily.
- You may be offered a light-duty job with the expectation that you still will be unable to perform it, then argue that you are being unreasonable and unwilling to work.
- While the insurance company is entitled to investigate your injury claim, you should speak with an attorney before signing any medical release.
- A similar issue may arise when an adjuster asks for a recorded statement from you during their investigation. Speak with an Atlanta workers' compensation attorney before giving a statement.
Find Us in Office
- THE LAW OFFICE OF BRIAN H. SUMRALL 513 Edgewood Avenue, Suite 300 Atlanta, GA 30312 [+] Map & Directions
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (404) 857-3835.
Read Real Reviews
Professional & Detailed!Renee D.
Brian is not just a great attorney, but also a great human!David T.
Attorney Brian Sumrall, A true Georgia bulldog fighting for you.RJ Willson
How to File a Camp Lejeune Water Contamination LawsuitRead More
Avoiding Posting on Social Media After An AccidentRead More
6 Common Causes of Workers’ Compensation ClaimsRead More
Are You Suffering from a Repetitive Stress Injury?Read More
What If Your Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied?Read More
Top 4 Benefits to Having a Workers’ Compensation AttorneyRead More
Attorney Brian H. Sumrall Selected to Super Lawyers® of 2021 ListRead More
What Are the Most Common Types of Personal Injury Damages?Read More