Car & Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney in Atlanta
Fighting for the Compensation You Deserve
According to the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), there was a total of 331,796 crashes in 2020, of which 1,588 were fatal. Those who survive these terrible accidents are sometimes left with long-lasting damage that can impact everyday life. At The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall in Atlanta, our experienced personal injury attorneys understand the challenges survivors face in the aftermath of an accident and will work tirelessly to help you recover the damages you need to get back on your feet.
Reach out to our law office today at (404) 857-3835 to schedule a free initial consultation with our experienced attorney and learn more about your legal options.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are countless reasons why car and motor vehicle accidents occur on the road, but some are far more common than others.
Below is a list of some of the main causes:
- Distracted driving, such as texting, talking on the phone, eating, or grooming while driving.
- Speeding, which can reduce the time a driver has to react.
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Reckless driving, including improper lane changes and a disregard for the rules of the road.
- Running red lights, which often result in devastating side-impact collisions.
Other causes include road rage, improper turns, teen drivers, design defects, tailgating, and fatigued driving.
What Damages Can I Recover?
Filing a personal injury claim after a car accident is essential for ensuring you receive the damages you are entitled to.
Here is what compensation may cover:
- Past and future medical expenses, including hospital visits, prescription medications, and physical therapy.
- Property damage, such as your vehicle and any other personal items that were damaged.
- Many accident victims are unable to immediately return to work, which is why compensation may also cover lost wages.
- Pain and suffering, including anxiety or depression.
- Physical impairment and permanent disability.
Additionally, in Georgia, depending on the details of your case, you may be able to recover punitive damages. However, the defendant’s actions must have been particularly egregious.
Speak to an Experienced Car Accident Attorney About Your Case Today!
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, the legal team at The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall in Atlanta can provide the help you need to get through it and obtain the best results possible. We will fight tirelessly on your behalf for fair and just compensation.
Reach out to our legal team today at (404) 857-3835 to schedule a free initial consultation with our attorney to get started on your case.
Find Us in Office
- THE LAW OFFICE OF BRIAN H. SUMRALL 513 Edgewood Avenue, Suite 300 Atlanta, GA 30312 [+] Map & Directions
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (404) 857-3835.
Read Real Reviews
Attorney Brian Sumrall, A true Georgia bulldog fighting for you.RJ Willson
Not enough stars on here to rate Attorney Brian Sumrall.Antoine B.
With Attorney Sumrall, you have nothing to worry about!Tamonica T.
How to File a Camp Lejeune Water Contamination LawsuitRead More
Avoiding Posting on Social Media After An AccidentRead More
6 Common Causes of Workers’ Compensation ClaimsRead More
Are You Suffering from a Repetitive Stress Injury?Read More
What If Your Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied?Read More
Top 4 Benefits to Having a Workers’ Compensation AttorneyRead More
Attorney Brian H. Sumrall Selected to Super Lawyers® of 2021 ListRead More
What Are the Most Common Types of Personal Injury Damages?Read More