According to the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), there was a total of 331,796 crashes in 2020, of which 1,588 were fatal. Those who survive these terrible accidents are sometimes left with long-lasting damage that can impact everyday life. At The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall in Atlanta, our experienced personal injury attorneys understand the challenges survivors face in the aftermath of an accident and will work tirelessly to help you recover the damages you need to get back on your feet.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are countless reasons why car and motor vehicle accidents occur on the road, but some are far more common than others.
Below is a list of some of the main causes:
- Distracted driving, such as texting, talking on the phone, eating, or grooming while driving.
- Speeding, which can reduce the time a driver has to react.
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Reckless driving, including improper lane changes and a disregard for the rules of the road.
- Running red lights, which often result in devastating side-impact collisions.
Other causes include road rage, improper turns, teen drivers, design defects, tailgating, and fatigued driving.
What Damages Can I Recover?
Filing a personal injury claim after a car accident is essential for ensuring you receive the damages you are entitled to.
Here is what compensation may cover:
- Past and future medical expenses, including hospital visits, prescription medications, and physical therapy.
- Property damage, such as your vehicle and any other personal items that were damaged.
- Many accident victims are unable to immediately return to work, which is why compensation may also cover lost wages.
- Pain and suffering, including anxiety or depression.
- Physical impairment and permanent disability.
Additionally, in Georgia, depending on the details of your case, you may be able to recover punitive damages. However, the defendant’s actions must have been particularly egregious.
Speak to an Experienced Car Accident Attorney About Your Case Today!
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, the legal team at The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall in Atlanta can provide the help you need to get through it and obtain the best results possible. We will fight tirelessly on your behalf for fair and just compensation.
Find Us in Office
- THE LAW OFFICE OF BRIAN H. SUMRALL 513 Edgewood Avenue, Suite 300 Atlanta, GA 30312 [+] Map & Directions
Read Real Reviews
Brian Sumrall is a true hero.Tacory W.
Took the weight off my shoulders when I wasn’t getting answers from my employer or the insurance company .Caris W.
Hopefully, I never have to go through this process again, but if I did I’d call Brian.Jim F.
Georgia Workers’ Compensation Hearings: What to Expect & How to PrepareRead More
How to File a Camp Lejeune Water Contamination LawsuitRead More
Avoiding Posting on Social Media After An AccidentRead More
6 Common Causes of Workers’ Compensation ClaimsRead More
Are You Suffering from a Repetitive Stress Injury?Read More
What If Your Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied?Read More
Top 4 Benefits to Having a Workers’ Compensation AttorneyRead More
Attorney Brian H. Sumrall Selected to Super Lawyers® of 2021 ListRead More