Tractor Trailer Accidents
Thousands of fatal truck accidents occur every year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). These types of cases are often far more complex than other accidents that occur on the road due to the severity of the injuries involved and the number of parties that may be potentially responsible for the accident’s occurrence.
At The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall in Atlanta, our tractor-trailer accident attorney will provide the aggressive representation and compassionate legal support you need to obtain compensation. You can rely on our team to get you through this difficult experience.
Reach out to our law office today at (404) 857-3835 to schedule a consultation with our attorney to get started on your tractor-trailer accident case.
Causes of Tractor-Trailer Collisions
Commercial carriers must adhere to strict regulations laid out by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). When violations result in accidents, victims and surviving family members can hold numerous parties liable.
Here are some of the most common causes of tractor-trailer accidents:
- Speeding: When drivers speed, it reduces their ability to react to obstacles on the road, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Aggressive driving: Truck drivers travel for long periods of time, across great distances, and are often under a lot of pressure to meet strict deadlines. As a result, many of them are often stressed out and prone to road rage.
- Distracted driving: When truck drivers take their eyes off the road for whatever reason, even for a matter of seconds, it can result in a serious accident.
- Overloading cargo: Although trucks can carry large loads, if they are improperly loaded or are overloaded, they can tip over or a tire may blow out.
- Fatigued driving: Truck drivers must follow hours of service regulations to prevent fatigued driving. Unfortunately, some violate these regulations, which often results in accidents.
- Vehicle failure: In some cases, the vehicle itself may be defective or improperly maintained, resulting in an accident.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal and dangerous no matter what you are driving. However, because of the size and weight of a truck, these accidents are often more devastating.
Unlike other motor vehicle accidents, many parties may be at fault for your accident, so it is essential to hire an attorney with extensive experience in handling such cases. Our legal team has the insight and skill necessary to ensure all responsible parties are held liable, so you can maximize compensation.
Speak to Our Experienced Tractor-Trailer Accident Attorney Today!
If you sustained injuries in a tractor-trailer accident, let the team at The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall in Atlanta provide the aggressive representation you need to navigate your case.
Call our law office today at (404) 857-3835 to schedule a consultation with our attorney to learn more about what we can do to help you.
Find Us in Office
- THE LAW OFFICE OF BRIAN H. SUMRALL 513 Edgewood Avenue, Suite 300 Atlanta, GA 30312 [+] Map & Directions
Read Real Reviews
Not enough stars on here to rate Attorney Brian Sumrall.Antoine B.
With Attorney Sumrall, you have nothing to worry about!Tamonica T.
Attorney Sumrall has a great understanding & full knowledge of the law.Mark C.
How to File a Camp Lejeune Water Contamination LawsuitRead More
Avoiding Posting on Social Media After An AccidentRead More
6 Common Causes of Workers’ Compensation ClaimsRead More
Are You Suffering from a Repetitive Stress Injury?Read More
What If Your Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied?Read More
Top 4 Benefits to Having a Workers’ Compensation AttorneyRead More
Attorney Brian H. Sumrall Selected to Super Lawyers® of 2021 ListRead More
What Are the Most Common Types of Personal Injury Damages?Read More