Distracted Driving Accidents
When a driver takes their hands off the wheel, their eyes off the road, or their mind off the duty of driving, they engage in distracted driving. Distracted driving is very dangerous and puts everyone on the road at risk. When a distracted driver causes an accident, they must be held liable for the resulting damages.
At The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall, our Atlanta distracted driving accident attorney can help you file a case and fight for the full, fair recovery you deserve. We understand the complexities of these cases and can help you navigate the legal process from start to finish.
Call The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall today at (404) 857-3835 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our distracted driving accident attorney in Atlanta.
Common Causes of Distracted Driving
Distracted driving encompasses a range of activities that divert a driver's attention from the road. Identifying these common causes is crucial in understanding the root of many accidents:
- Texting and Smartphone Use: Smartphone use while driving significantly contributes to distracted driving accidents. Texting, checking emails, or using apps diverts attention away from the road, often with devastating consequences.
- In-Car Distractions: Adjusting the radio, navigation system, or other in-car features can take a driver's eyes off the road and lead to accidents.
- Eating and Drinking: Consuming food or beverages while driving may seem harmless, but it can greatly impact a driver's ability to focus on the road.
- Talking to Passengers: Conversing with passengers can be distracting, especially if they are having lively or emotional discussions.
- External Distractions: Scenery, other accidents, or events happening outside the vehicle can divert a driver's attention from the road.
- Daydreaming: Allowing the mind to wander while driving is a common yet dangerous distraction that significantly increases the risk of accidents.
- Fatigue: Drowsy driving can impair a driver's response time and attentiveness, raising the likelihood of accidents.
Common Injuries in Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving accidents often lead to serious injuries due to the sudden and unexpected nature of these collisions. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Whiplash and Neck Injuries: The rash impact of an accident can cause the head to jerk violently, causing whiplash and other neck injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): A severe impact on the head can result in traumatic brain injuries, ranging from concussions to more severe and life-altering conditions.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The impact of a distracted driving accident can damage the spinal cord, causing paralysis or other debilitating conditions.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: The force of a collision can lead to broken bones and fractures, requiring extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries are common in distracted driving accidents, often causing long-term pain and discomfort.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Distracted Driving Accident Claim?
Victims may be entitled to various damages when pursuing a distracted driving accident claim. These damages strive to compensate for the losses and suffering experienced due to the distracted driver's negligence.
- Medical Expenses: Victims may seek compensation for all medical costs related to their injuries, including hospital bills, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, and future medical expenses.
- Lost Wages: If the injuries sustained in the accident result in the victim being unable to work, they may be eligible to recover lost wages. This includes both present and future income losses.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation can also be sought for the physical and emotional pain from the accident. This covers not only the immediate suffering but also long-term consequences.
- Property Damage: Victims are entitled to reimbursement for repairing or replacing their damaged vehicle or personal property.
- Wrongful Death Damages: In the unfortunate circumstance of a fatality caused by distracted driving, surviving family members may pursue wrongful death damages to cover funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and more.
Contact Our Distracted Driving Accident Attorney in Atlanta Today
Our Atlanta distracted driving accident lawyer at The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall is here to guide you throughout the legal process, advocating for your rights and fighting for the compensation you rightfully deserve. Don't let the impact of a distracted driving accident control your future. Contact us today for a consultation; let us fight for justice on your behalf and help you move forward with the financial support necessary for a brighter tomorrow.
Contact The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall today to get started with our Atlanta distracted driving accident lawyer.
Find Us in Office
- THE LAW OFFICE OF BRIAN H. SUMRALL 513 Edgewood Avenue, Suite 300 Atlanta, GA 30312 [+] Map & Directions
Read Real Reviews
Brian Sumrall is a true hero.Tacory W.
Took the weight off my shoulders when I wasn’t getting answers from my employer or the insurance company .Caris W.
Hopefully, I never have to go through this process again, but if I did I’d call Brian.Jim F.
Georgia Workers’ Compensation Hearings: What to Expect & How to PrepareRead More
How to File a Camp Lejeune Water Contamination LawsuitRead More
Avoiding Posting on Social Media After An AccidentRead More
6 Common Causes of Workers’ Compensation ClaimsRead More
Are You Suffering from a Repetitive Stress Injury?Read More
What If Your Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied?Read More
Top 4 Benefits to Having a Workers’ Compensation AttorneyRead More
Attorney Brian H. Sumrall Selected to Super Lawyers® of 2021 ListRead More