Atlanta Workers' Compensation Attorney
Contact Us 24/7 for Your Case Evaluation  404.857.3835

Should I sign a WC-207?

Insurance companies frequently ask injured workers to sign medical authorizations in workers' compensation claims. In Georgia, this form is called a WC-207. Generally speaking, the workers' compensation carrier has a right to get medical records from your workers' compensation doctors. Arguably, the insurance carrier is allowed to obtain records from doctors who have treated you for previous injuries or non-workers' compensation physicians. If a workers' compensation carrier has asked you to sign a WC-207 and you would like to discuss whether to sign it, call attorney Brian Sumrall at (404) 857-3835.