Do I have to see a company doctor after a job injury?

Injured workers in Geogia do have somewhat of a choice as to who acts as their treating physician following a work injury. If an Employer has a valid panel of physiicans in place, then the injured worker is required to treat with a doctor from the panel of physicians. If the panel is not valid or if there is no panel, then the injured worker can chooose his or her doctor. Even if there is a valid panel of physicians, an injured worker can request a change of physicians to a doctor off of the workers comp panel if he or she is not receiving adequate or appropriate medical treatment. The workers' comp doctor can also refer you to a non-panel doctor for specialized treatment. In short, the rules pertaining to medical treatment in workers' comp cases are complex. If you have any questions about your medical treatment you should consult Atlanta workers' comp attorney Brian H. Sumrall at (404) 857-3835. You can also visit our website at

Related Posts
  • Georgia Workers’ Compensation Hearings: What to Expect & How to Prepare Read More
  • 6 Common Causes of Workers’ Compensation Claims Read More
  • Are You Suffering from a Repetitive Stress Injury? Read More