Common Insurance Adjuster Tactics
Trusted Atlanta Workers' Compensation Lawyer
The adjuster working on behalf of your employer's workers' compensation
insurance provider will work to award you the least amount of compensation
possible for your injuries you suffered on the job. They will work to
minimize losses and close your claim as fast as possible. You need an
advocate representing your rights when you are injured at work, which
is why you should speak with an Atlanta workers' compensation lawyer
as soon as you are hurt.
Working to Protect Clients at All Times
These are some of the most common strategies used by insurance adjusters
for you to be aware of. Speak with The Law Office of Brian H. Sumrall
for further help with protecting your rights under workers' compensation.
- Because adjusters want to resolve cases quickly, they will often offer
a settlement right away—you should not accept this offer without
first consulting with an attorney.
- Adjusters will sometimes contest a referral your doctor makes to see another
doctor or specialist which can delay your treatment.
- Similarly, adjusters can contact your doctor to make sure a referral is
made to a specific doctor or physician.
- Adjusters can withhold benefits from injured workers in hopes that they
will settle for less out of desperation.
- Your employer and insurance company may offer you reduced job duties to
minimize their exposure for ongoing income benefits which may only be
- You may be offered a light-duty job with the expectation that you still
will be unable to perform it, then argue that you are being unreasonable
and unwilling to work.
- While the insurance company is entitled to investigate your injury claim,
you should speak with an attorney before signing any medical release.
- A similar issue may arise when an adjuster asks for a recorded statement
from you during their investigation. Speak with an Atlanta workers'
compensation attorney before giving a statement.
Call our office and speak with our team in a no-cost consultation—(404) 857-3835!